Saturday, October 24, 2009

It's A Good Day To Be . . .

  • A Runner - After a summer of training in extreme heat and drought - I woke up to a clear, 48 degree morning. It was such a beautiful morning for a run. I decided to do my 20 miles on a very popular trail (Town Lake), although I haven't run on this trail during the last year. When I got to the trail at 6:00 AM it was still very dark, but there were literally hundreds of other runners already on the trail. I ran for the first 45 minutes under trees and stars and when the sun finally came up; it was sunny, clear and absolutely gorgeous.
  • Pregnant - My little belly felt empowering during my run this morning. I had some lower pelvic discomfort (aka round ligament pain) which really just made me feel like I had to pee.
  • A Pregnant Lady Who Can Hold It - the first two toilets I visited during my run we rather clean and not entirely unpleasant. When I stopped to pee for the third time, the guy who just stepped out told me "it's a little hairy in there". Hairy doesn't even begin to describe it - I would rather have peed in our installer bathroom (and they throw poo-poo toilet paper on the ground). Needless to say, I held it for the next bathroom, which was much cleaner and meant for women only.
  • A Wife - Buttin makes my smile everyday and I'm looking forward to a relaxing day with my husband.
  • A Girl Who Can Take A Nap - because that's about what I'm going to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment