Monday, October 19, 2009

Pregnant Lady Temper

Does being pregnant mean never having to say your sorry? I think I should just wear a button that says, "I'm sorry for anything irrational that I might do."

I don't know if it's a temper that I'm developing or just an extreme inability to control any kind of mood swing. Most of my temper tantrums come from people getting my food incorrect - something, that usually doesn't bother me so much. You may remember a few weeks ago when I almost broke into tears when my grilled cheese was cold (and there was no ranch dressing), well I had another incident last night.

I ordered one of my favorite sandwiches from a fairly decent French bakery chain and Buttin kindly went to pick it up. When he brought it back home - it had NO BACON! Usually, this would not be an issue (I'm no Anthony Bordain when it comes to pork products) - but I was really looking forward to my bacon, chicken, cheese and tomato sandwich. I threw a little hissy fit right in the kitchen. I immediately called them and drove over there to get another sandwich. I didn't yell or scream at the people working there, so I consider that an accomplishment - but I think I may have freaked Buttin out a little.

I was also in full-on temper mode last week. I somewhat excused myself since I was sick and stressed with all the tradeshow stuff, but let's just say there were lots of mistakes being made and I wanted someone to PAY! I'm trying to be calmer this week - I know that I make a TON of mistakes, so I'm trying to be forgiving of those who forget to put more toilet paper in our lovely bathroom.

1 comment:

  1. There should be a preggers equivalent of a dangling temporary handicap sign.

    Some kind of mangled service-worker doll dangling from your neck as warning sign to others. Though, the usual crazy-ass glare most moms-to-be have was always good enough for me.

    ReplyDelete