Sunday, October 25, 2009

Marathon Training - Weekly Update

This Week: 10/19 - 10/24

Total Miles Completed: 28.36

Average Pace: 12: 32

A little speedier this week. It's amazing what cooler temperatures can do. I can't believe that the marathon is only three weeks from today. By this time (hopefully), three weeks from now I will have finished my first marathon. I'm hoping for very cool (but not freezing) temperatures for race day.

Like last week, my long run was good, but my weekday runs weren't so great - I wasn't feeling very good. I'm happy that for my long runs - I've been ready to go.

It strange because I've been training for this marathon now for at least six months (although technically I started training for it when I completed the half at this same race last year) and now that Lumpy is on the way - I'm not sure when I will race next. I must admit, this makes me a little sad - although I never thought the prospect of NOT training would make me sad. I think I'm going to try a couple 5Ks and 10Ks in December - February. I have several blogger friends that have done 5Ks during their 35 weeks so I'm going to hope for that kind of 3rd trimester.

1 comment:

  1. I don't mean to be a buzzkill, but just listen to your body and don't put pressure on yourself. Be prepared to roll with the flow because running while pregnant can put some serious pressure on loose joints and other unmentionable areas that may make for more serious consequences post-partum. It isn't worth it. Just stay active and do what feels good. You'll be back to 5Ks and 10Ks in no time. I promise!

    ReplyDelete