Friday, October 16, 2009

Fetus Friday - Week 16

Here's what Baby Center has to say about Week 16:

Right now, he's about the size of an avocado: 1.4 inches long (head to rump) and 3.5 ounces. His legs are much more developed, his head is more erect than it has been, and his eyes have moved closer to the front of his head. His ears are close to their final position too.

You know, I've been craving avocados a lot lately and reading this makes me want one again. One of my favorite things to eat for breakfast is a chopped up tomato, with avocado and smoked salmon (and/or cheese, turkey or crab). Any way, I'm happy that Lumpy is starting to look more like a baby and less like an alien tadpole.

They also say this about me,

The top of your uterus is about halfway between your pubic bone and your navel, and the round ligaments that support it are thickening and stretching as it grows. You're probably feeling a whole lot better as you settle into pregnancy, too. Less nausea, fewer mood swings, and "glowing" skin contribute to an overall sense of well-being.

The most laughable part of this statement is the "glowing" part. If by glowing, they mean "looks like a thirteen year old with oily breakouts" - then yup, I've got it. This week has just seemed to be the week of head aches. I'm not sure if it's pregnancy related or just the stress of the trade show and all the other work related stuff. I'm waiting for my 2nd trimester glow to start any minute now.

1 comment:

  1. I always assumed that's what "glowing" meant too. Forgive me for being so lame, I'll blame the chaos in my life, but I've been reading your blog (when I get a chance) and had NO IDEA you were pregnant!! I thought you were just randomly craving cadbury eggs, HAHA! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

    ReplyDelete