Friday, January 8, 2010

Fetus Friday - Week 28

Really? Week 28 already . . . time has really gone by so quickly.

Lumpy & I are now officially in the 3rd trimester. The home stretch!

This is what Baby Center has to say about Lumpy's development:

She can blink her eyes, which now sport lashes. With her eyesight developing, she may be able to see the light that filters in through your womb.

Every time I read something now, I think - that's so cool! In the beginning when Lumpy's cells were just multiplying - I wasn't as impressed (even though I know all that early stuff is cool too). Lumpy is now opening his/her eyes and looking around - that's just so exciting!

I've heard of some women playing the "flashlight game" with their baby. They say, if you shine a light on an area of your stomach - sometimes the baby will kick that place. Maybe I'll try this game and if ya'll are lucky (very, very lucky) - I'll make a movie of it like I did with the "remote control game".

Baby Center doesn't really have anything interesting to say about me during this week except for the fact that I'm in my third trimester and will probably gain another 11 lbs. I hope it's only 11 lbs.

Sometimes I don't like to read all the stuff it says about me on Baby Center - I don't want any new issues. For example, Restless Leg Syndrome was mentioned in the "week 28" update, but I don't want anymore symptoms. I think the power of suggestion can influence me and if I don't read about it - then I don't know it's a possibility, so then maybe I won't get that "problem". That's my theory anyways.

2 comments:

  1. I agree with your theory.

    Your Mother

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been okay with all the descriptions so far, but knowing the Lump can see the light that filters through the womb. That one is new to me.

    Bill

    ReplyDelete