Thursday, January 7, 2010

Hook'em Horns

I'm probably the worst watcher of football - EVER! I hide my eyes unless my team is ahead by at least 40 points and I scream painfully obvious instructions at the TV (kind of like how TV announcers break-down the game strategy, "Well, the key to this game is scoring, turnovers and keeping the other team from scoring."). Some of my favorite thing to yell at the TV are "Run faster, run faster." and "Get him, get him.". Like I said, very obvious and simple instructions.

I'll be watching the game tonight at Liz & Jonathan's house. We'll have a yummy feast of wings, mac n cheese and salad (I probably won't be eating the salad). The good news for me is that if the game is a blowout or I get really nervous, Liz will probably let me change the channel to a Law & Order rerun - I'm not sure if Jonathan will be so willing. I'm gonna try to be strong for the Horns.

In other news (totally unrelated to football), I got my glucose tolerance test results back and I passed (yeah!); however, I'm anemic so I have to take an iron supplement. Apparently, anemia is VERY common in pregnant women (something about blood volume decreasing and less concentration of red blood cells - I almost sound scientific). I'm not looking forward to the side effects of increased iron, but I'll do whatever it takes to keep Lumpy and me healthy (including consuming massive quantities of cookie dough, but only because this is what Lumpy wants and needs).

No comments:

Post a Comment