Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Scene Of The Crime

**WARNING - BARBIE - You may not want to read this post**

So yesterday, when I was creating my Photo A Day post - I honestly thought - what in the world will I take a picture of EVERYDAY (I know when Lumpy gets here, it'll probably be easier)? I live a pretty fascinating life of cookie dough, naps, misfits and Law & Order - but really, will anything interesting enough happen to justify photo documentation (for example, yesterday's photo was of my belly button - it's starting to pop out a little and for some reason I finding lots of hidden moles, but I'm sure no one really finds this interesting)?

I should have known to ask such stupid questions of my life.

I will set the scene.

I'm peacefully taking a very warm shower. My wonderful MIL got me the Fresh Brown Sugar gift set for Christmas, which includes 3 packets of brown sugar scrub (my favorite product in the set). Seeing as I'm a frugal girl - I've already used this packet a couple of times, but there's still plenty of sugar scrub left for my shower today and possibly another day (I'm a sugar scrub hoarder). I gently start to shake the packet of sugar scrub onto my loofah (thank God I didn't pour directly onto my hand), but the little sugar crystals don't seem to be coming out. I start to shake a little harder . . . the sugar scrub looks a little darker than usual, but I don't really think anything of it . . .it also seems to be coming out in one HUGE clump . . .

Dun, Dun, Dun . . .

The clump of sugar scrub is actually a GIGANTIC ROACH. I'm being attacked by a roach in my shower! I throw the loofah, scrub packet and roach onto the tub floor - I scream - I prance around a little as I scream more - I shake my hands in the "eweeeee, I just touched something gross" way that girls do - I scream some more.

After what feels forever, I realize that the roach is dead. I guess he died while eating sugar scrub (maybe a good way to go?). Even though the roach is dead, I firmly believe that I was the one attacked. I will say as much in any court of law.

As I calm down, quickly rinse the conditioner out of my hair and slip out of the shower (having not really gotten a chance to fully wash - sorry misfits if I'm smelly today), I realize that maybe this is something interesting enough to document.

Here is the photo:

I don't think the picture accurately represents the true size of this roach, but you can kind of tell by the size of its antlers (or antennas - whatever they're called). I was traumatized and still get the yucky chills just thinking about it.

I called Buttin this morning and told him that there was a crime scene in our shower and to be prepared. We've been watching a lot of true crime shows lately and I fully expect there to be a Snapped, Dateline or 48 Hours documenting my ordeal in the near future.

2 comments:

  1. I really should have heeded your warning and not read this post. I am deeply traumatized by that photo and must leave work immediately (even though I've only been here 10 minutes)!
    Remind me to never buy Fresh Brown Sugar body scrub.....and if you give me some I will politely accept and then throw it in the trash. I'm sure it is a wonderful product, but if there is even the slightest chance that I will have an encounter with a roach then it must not enter my house!

    ReplyDelete