Monday, January 11, 2010

News In Bullet Points

OK - I didn't have much time to read the news today, but as I'm looking over the headlines on MSNBC (this, The Daily Show, some podcasts and my 5 minutes of NPR as I drive to work are my only sources of news) I'm struck by a few things:
  • McGuire admits to steroids - I guess the fact that he's admitting to something most people (who breathe) already knew qualifies as news, kind of.
  • Palin gets deal as Fox commentator - As though I needed another reason to NOT watch Fox News. Here are the topics she's qualified to cover: "Proper hairstyling for ice fishing", "Five ways to prepare moose", "Things I can see from my kitchen window" and "What sound does a cow make?"
  • Simon leaving American Idol - Oh well, I'm kind of over American Idol anyways. So long as Law & Order is still on the air, I'm OK.
  • Trial begins in murder, womb-cutting case - Hmm . . .maybe I shouldn't try to read everything. This I will skip.
  • Walmart pulling toxic jewelery - This is just very funny to me. Apparently this is some kind of jewelery for children and children like to eat, suck on and bite jewelery.
I'm hoping tomorrow will be a better news day.

No comments:

Post a Comment