Friday, January 29, 2010

Fetus Friday - Week 31

This has been a very eventful week of Lumpy posts . . .the hypnobabies class, the hospital visit and now it's Fetus Friday!

This is what Baby Center has to say about Lumpy this week:

He weighs about 3.3 pounds and is heading into a growth spurt. He can turn his head from side to side, and his arms, legs, and body are beginning to plump out as needed fat accumulates underneath his skin. He's probably moving a lot, too, so you may have trouble sleeping because your baby's kicks and somersaults keep you up.

I think I was right last week when I said Lumpy's job from now on is to grow and put on weight. I'm also pretty sure Lumpy is a night owl, like Buttin. Lumpy is extremely active at night especially in the couple of hours before I go to bed. I LOVE laying on the couch and watching TV and just feeling Lumpy move around; however, in the morning Lumpy is one LAZY baby. I have to poke Lumpy to make him/her move around in the morning just to make sure everything is OK. Lumpy kicks me a few times as if to say, "Yes, Mom - I'm fine, now let me go back to sleep."

Baby Center has this to say regarding me:

Have you noticed the muscles in your uterus tightening now and then? Many women feel these random contractions — called Braxton Hicks contractions - in the second half of pregnancy.

I'm not sure if I've felt BH contractions yet. They might be kind of like feeling Lumpy move for the first few times - it happened, but since this is my first pregnancy - I didn't really recognize it. Also this week I have turned into an EATING MACHINE. During the last half of pregnancy my appetite has really decreased (I think it might have something to do with not running 30 miles a week), but this week - WOW - I think I'm back to my running diet. Oh well - I guess Lumpy does need calories to do his/her job, so I will do my best to provide Lumpy with the most nutritious food for developing babies - Girl Scout Cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment