Monday, August 24, 2009

The Construction & A Brief Tour

I spend a great deal of time talking about work and the misfits.

So, I thought I should proved some photographic evidence of the splendor that is Carpet Warehouse.

I completely forgot to mention, but during the last couple of weeks - they've been knocking down all the buildings in front of ours. I didn't take a "before" picture, but here is an artist's rendering of what it looked like from our building before they started tearing everything down.I know you're thinking this MUST be a magical place - because we have unicorns, dragons and puppies. Sadly all these creatures moved when their aluminum siding habitat was torn down.

Here's the AFTER:

Buttin jealously drives by the equipment every morning and wants to play demolition. Thankfully, they know that he can barely drive a forklift so there's no real threat of Buttin getting on a bobcat.

Now we move to the inside, well first - the stairs leading to our entrance:
Looks safe, right? These stairs have to be rebuilt about once every six months. This set is relatively new - they only wobble enough to almost make you fall. In a couple of months, two of the steps will be broken and there will be a beer bottle propping up one of the sides.

Here is the inside of the office (the warehouse is really just rolls and rolls of carpet, but I can take pictures of that if you'd like - whatever my three fans want):Buttin sits behind where I'm standing for this picture - here's Buttin:

Doesn't he look happy? He's actually disappointed that the construction people will not let him do demolition on the other buildings.

Now, for the best part of the tour - the bathroom. I've never been to prison, but I'm pretty sure prison bathrooms are legally required to look better than this one. Keep in mind, this is the girl's bathroom (there's a much more disgusting one outside, where apparently people wipe their butt and then throw their toilet paper in the trash can).Here is a hole that appears in the wall near the bathroom floor. There's also some dangerous looking insulation that I'm afraid to touch.
So there you have a brief (although I hope exciting) photo tour of Carpet Warehouse.

4 comments:

  1. Gosh...it looks SOOOO much classier in pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow. I am so jealous. Are you taking applications for smug overeducated resume writers at Carpet Warehouse. That looks like a dream workplace. Maybe I should have written nightmare instead of "dream".

    ReplyDelete
  3. B-school worked very well for you! You're my inspiration when the stress starts to take over my life...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tell Matt that I agree...That bobcat looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete