Monday, August 17, 2009

Yeah - My Sweat Evaporated!

Last Friday morning, I ran on Lake Shore Drive in Chicago (here's all the details). I just love that I now have a running map that's in Chicago - so cool!

This one little 6 mile jog renewed my excitement for running. It's been so long since I've run without drenching my clothes while fighting to keep my heart rate below 170 and my pace faster than 13 min/miles.

In Chicago, the temperature was in the low 70s, with little humidity. My sweat actually EVAPORATED and it cooled my body (which I've heard is the purpose of sweat). I also couldn't get my heart rate above 140 and my pace was around 11:30 min/mile. I was like a new person/runner.

I ran without my ipod and just enjoyed the scenery - the other runners, bikers (who have no issues running you over) swimmers and roller bladders; the vendors setting up for the air and water show and all the boats. I ran from our hotel (the Ambassador East) down to the Field Museum and back & it was beautiful.

Even though I was back to the disgusting heat and humidity for my run this morning - I know that it will get better. I really do think my mom and I will be able to complete our first marathon with little or no cheating. I don't think I could do a marathon in August, in Texas - but all this training in the heat and humidity is making my heart very strong.


Here is my weekly summary.

This Week: 8/10 - 8/16

Total Miles: 25.29

Average Pace: 12:12 (thanks to my speedier than usual run in Chicago)

No comments:

Post a Comment