Sunday, August 23, 2009

Marathon Training - Weekly Update

This Week: 8/17 - 8/23

Total Miles Completed: 31.55

Average Pace : Still very slow (around 12:43 min/mile)

Besides the pace, a very successful week. I've started to add a fourth run to my routine - a Friday tempo run. I went about 4 miles and wanted to go at least a minute per mile faster than my 8 mile runs - I did 10:30 min/miles. You can run a lot faster when you're not carrying a fanny pack, wash cloth and 8 miles of sweat.

I also did four Yasso 800s during my Wednesday run; 5:08, 4:30, 4:40 & 4:35. I won't be breaking any records (unless it's for most cookie dough consumed after a run), but I would be extremely happy if I completed the marathon in 5 hours.

During my long run this week (13.5 miles - which is the furthest I've gone in a long time), I managed to get the WORST inner thigh rubby rashy thing. I usually do not get them when I wear my running skirt, so I didn't put on the appropriate lube, but I was in so much pain after my shower. Thankfully, it's turned into this beautiful scab this morning and doesn't hurt nearly as much. I think before the marathon, I'll just take a dip in some body glide.

No comments:

Post a Comment