Monday, August 3, 2009

Full Circle Smiles

Sometimes, life just comes full circle and randomly you're reminded of a happy time from your past.

Before I became a misfit leader, hobo finder (we had two today - laying practically on 183) and major stresser-outer - I worked in product development for Blackhawk Network. It's kind of difficult to describe exactly what I did - but in the simplest terms - I helped to create financial service products that were distributed at retail locations (like the gift cards sold at Randall's).

I was opening all the mail today & came across some junk mail (I'm like a junk mail magnet). Usually, I NEVER open junk mail or if I accidentally open it, as soon as I realize it's junk mail - I throw it away! There was one particular piece today that I opened and actually looked at - and low and behold - there was a picture of a gift card that I had spent over one year of my life helping to create!


I don't think I could ever forget BIN 441669 (for those not in the know, a BIN is the first 6 digits of a debit/credit card). I spent so many hours, days, weeks and months on this product & as I opened the piece of junk mail - all the happy (but stressful & sometimes bizarre) memories came rushing back.

I love how life sometimes comes full circle and reminds you at just the perfect time that all is good in the world! Thank you piece of random junk mail for making my day.

2 comments: