Monday, August 10, 2009

I'm A Political Activist

Well, not really.

Although on Saturday, I did sign a petition to stop dolphin slaughter.

After all that political activism, I thought about the other things that I feel so strongly about that I would want to promote and maybe even start a petition for.

There are so many causes:
  • Mandatory nap time (unless I don't like you).
  • Cookie dough stations next to all the waters stations at races.
  • All mean people must get licked by Cartman.
  • No texting while driving.
  • Law & Order should be on all the time.
  • 3 lb cinnamon rolls should count as health food.
I could go on.

I don't think it was an accident that when I went into our office yesterday, I noticed the Austin Chronicle opened to an article about "things that we miss" and then the idea hit me like a ton of cookie dough! BRING MAGIC MIDDLES BACK!

These used to be my favorite cookie/food/prize. In fact, when I was young, and I would set a new swimming record or win a race, I would ask for one of two things - Magic Middles or KFC. Since KFC is still around - Magic Middles became my default cause.

There are a few members of my family who work for Pepperidge Farm. While I do enjoy the variety of cookies and snacks that they provide - the Milano is nothing like the Magic Middle. I have never been able to duplicate the cookie with that yummy shortbread and always gooey chocolaty middle. (It is a little scary how the chocolate stays so gooey in the Magic Middle, but I'm guessing it's kind of like peanut butter or Nuetella - and both of those things are good for you - so I won't worry.)

Go here and to sign my Magic Middles Petition

No comments:

Post a Comment