Saturday, August 1, 2009

The Poet

I'm not really a poet, but for as long as I can remember - I've enjoyed writing little poems. I write them to cheer people up, to apologize for killing a beloved pet and of course, to get famous.

I wrote one poem a couple months ago as my speech for my friend Nana's wedding. In honor of Nana and my trip to Houston to see her - here is the poem:

I Want To Be An O’Neal

I want to be an O’Neal, for all the reasons I will now state.

I want to be an O’Neal, even if it means always being late.

All the O’Neals – both young and old;

Are loving & forever your heart they will hold.

To be an O’Neal is to laugh and share;

And if you’re a girl to have blonde (sometimes white) hair.

There is one O’Neal who I love in the most special way,

She’s half of the reason that we’re here today.

It’s Shannon O’Neal – who like all the rest,

Is charming and beautiful and I love her the best.

We are all blessed to know her, as friend, sister, daughter, doctor (I can’t believe it) and animal lover;

and we all know one day she’ll make the most wonderful mother.

To know Shannon is to love her & there are so many reasons why,

Even though we’ve all been late waiting for her lotion to dry.

She’s the middle daughter in the O’Neal family,

A family that a part of – I want to be.

I love all the O’Neals – Fuffer to WamWam to Bugaloo, Klomp Klomp & Boogliwoop!

And because I love the O’Neals – I now love the Stroopes.

No comments:

Post a Comment