Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Point Of No Return


Today I registered for the San Antonio Rock N Roll MARATHON. It's now only about 14 short weeks away. The picture above is (no doubt) my running peer group.

I guess this doesn't exactly qualify as the point of no return, YET! However, my $105 fee is non-refundable. I'm sure come race day, I'll be running as fast as I can (in the opposite direction of the start line) towards the nearest donut shop.

I ran a little over 6 miles yesterday morning & there must have been just a little less humidity because I felt pretty good and was running a little faster than my normal slow, sweaty, disgusting pace. No small children were frightened during my run yesterday.

This morning, I was the only one at my Team Tri class. It was like a personal training session for me - a very hard personal training session. I was was still the gym's largest sweat producer, but at least I got to run in the AC.

3 comments:

  1. Good for you! I am so proud of you for doing this. I know you would rather be napping.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know a stick with a carrot wouldn't be motivation, but perhaps a stick with a donut...

    You're awesome and I'm jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to commit. From your notes, I think you can do it. When you finish, after all the family hugs, look for me. I'll be the one holding a tube of cookie dough.

    ReplyDelete