Sunday, February 21, 2010

Austin News

A long, long time ago I was going to be a famous broadcast journalists -the next Katie Couric (but the fun Today Show Katie Couric, not the weird CBS anchor Katie Couric). In college, I did a couple internships at local Austin TV stations. It is kind of a running joke that the news in Austin consists of the weather or football. I have a resume tape of me doing stories on just HOW HOT it was during that particular summer. I would take a bouquet of flowers, put them in a hot car and see how long they would take to wilt, I would snap twigs to show how dry it was - I was very clever. With all these fun stories about the heat and the lack of rain, my resume tape was kind of boring.

I love that Austin news is so predictable. Austin is large enough to provide everything I need, but we don't have a high crime rate and nothing very interesting happens.

Well, this week we had some rather dramatic news in Austin. A man purposely crashed his small plane into a building about three miles away from my house. The plane caused a tremendous amount of damage, left many injured and one dead (not including the pilot).

The traffic around the building has been crazy for the last couple of days, but I finally drove by it on Friday and it's my picture of the day:

Here is another picture, a little closer:

No comments:

Post a Comment