Saturday, February 6, 2010

Lucky & Loved Lumpy

Today I was the guest of honor at Lumpy's baby shower. The shower was hosted by two amazing women, Liz & Jen.


If this party is any indication - Lumpy is one loved little baby (I think the general consensus is that Lumpy is a girl).

I thought that I would give out a few awards. In honor of my friend Liz, I'll call the awards - The Vodka Bottle (although, I'm not actually giving everyone a bottle of vodka).

The Vodka Bottle for the Best Food Item - Cupcakes and Truffles by Nicole from Delysia Chocolatier.


These cupcakes were almost too cute to eat (almost), but I still managed to eat one and a half. Barbie could only eat half her cupcake (I would be disappointed in her, but it's difficult because she gave the other half to me). One of the favors the guests took home were truffles - aren't the boxes cute?

The Vodka Bottle for the Most Valuable Guest - my friend Suzin.


Suzin and I used to work together and I think she got everyone at the office to get Lumpy a gift. Seriously, she's a good person to know for many reasons - but to have her persuasion skills is a true gift.

The Vodka Bottle for Guest Most Likely to Make Fun of Me - my mother.

We got around to discussing Hypnobabies and when I said, "In Hypnobabies, we don't call them contractions; we call them birthing waves." she laughed so hard, she cried (and she may have peed herself - I'm spreading that rumor)

The Vodka Bottle for Fashionably Late Guest(s) - Shannon (nana) & Colleen (weenie).

I've been waiting on the two of them since I was about eleven years old. They did have to drive from Houston and they got a little lost, but I don't think they would be Nana & Weenie if they weren't a little late.

The Vodka Bottle for Gift That Took The Longest To Open - Patty (on left). Barbie (on right) should win the Vodka Bottle for Sharing With A Pregnant Lady - I mean, no one else offered me half of their cupcake, selfish guests.


Patty got Lumpy and I no fewer than fifteen gifts including, Lumpy's first , second, third and fourth books, lots of candy for me and a bottle warmer for Buttin to use when he's feeding Lumpy while I'm asleep.

The Vodka Bottle for Most Needed Gift - My Aunt Laurie

She (my uncle, grandma & grandpa) got Lumpy the stroller and car seat travel system. They won't let you leave the hospital without a properly installed car seat, so I consider this gift to be pretty important.

I am so thankful for all of my friends and family. Lumpy and I received so many awesome gifts and the shower was more than I could have ever imagined (I mean, we ate off china plates and had cloth napkins).

We didn't play any games at the shower (thankfully) but while everyone was eating, they wrote down little pieces of advice for me. The most popular piece of advice was to get lots of sleep now and once Lumpy gets here to sleep while Lumpy is sleeping. Liz also provided this gem, which I will leave you with, "Don't sweat petty things and don't pet sweaty things."

1 comment:

  1. Aw, I am so glad you liked my advice. It's very useful if you happen to be wandering through the jungle which I am sure you will be sometime soon.

    It was so wonderful to be able to host the shower. Jen and I had a good time planning it and were able to get some extra help with the invitations by thumbing our noses at child labor laws and putting Jesse to work. That probably saved us at least 20 minutes of time we would have had to spend tying bows. Consider putting Lumpy to work as soon as possible once she is born because it seems that children can be diligent workers (for free, that is the important part) if you just keep telling them they are doing a great job.

    I am so happy for you and Matt and know that you will be wonderful parents so it's important that you start with all the right equipment. And I think todays shower took care of that!

    Liz
    "Winner of the 2010 Vodka Award and potential winner of a future Darwin Award"

    ReplyDelete