Thursday, February 4, 2010

Now Accepting Applications

We've been accepting applications for a carpet cleaning technician & I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

Here are two of my favorite email submissions - completely unaltered by me (except I removed the names).

Number 1:

Hello,
I would like to be your carpet cleaner. I know I am fit for the job. Please contact me at this email address if you have liked what you have read,
Thank you
Sincerely,

Number 2:

My name is _______. I am a Bible College and am interested in the Carpet Technician job. Here is my Resume.

Like I said, I don't know whether to laugh or cry. It might be fun to have someone who IS a Bible College come work at our little store, but I'm quite sure all the misfits would corrupt him.

1 comment:

  1. Nononononono! And here's why:

    1.) Anyone whose "resume" is 2 sentences long is too dumb to work here (and that's saying something!).

    2.) I drop too many f-bombs to work with a tech who is "a bible college"...whatever that is :-)

    ReplyDelete