Tuesday, February 16, 2010

I'm Going To Be Famous

This afternoon Buttin and I were interviewed by Cathy O'Neill for a book she is writing (with her two friends) on marriage & pregnancy. I feel quite certain that this exposure will catapult me to the level of fame and fortune that I so richly deserve.

Cathy is the co-author of Babyproofing Your Marriage and she knows my Doula. The book she is currently working on is called (I think) Bumped! Nine Months That'll Rock Your Marriage and when our Doula asked if we wanted to help - I thought "sure", so long as it doesn't interrupt the two most important things in my life - eating Cadbury Eggs and napping. Cathy came by the office this afternoon and distracted us from work, which is always nice - she also told me I "looked small" which earned her my never-ending admiration and a hug.

The interview was relatively short (only about an hour or so), but it was kind of fun to talk about how our marriage has changed during pregnancy. I don't think couples spend a lot of time talking about their marriage or how they feel about impending parenthood (especially not with strangers). It was very interesting hearing Buttin's perspective on things and even though I think I'm Psycho-Stephanie, he was expecting MUCH worse. It's weird, but it was kind of sweet.

She asked questions about our preparations for after Lumpy arrived and about how we found out we were having Lumpy. It's kind of funny, but Buttin and I have two completely different recollections on how we found out about Lumpy, but luckily I wrote the story down and published it on my little blog. I think my recollection is more right, but I'm not keeping score (apparently, that's a chapter in the Babyproofing your marriage book - but I'm not supposed to read the book for another few months).

Sadly, I don't think that we were very helpful to Cathy. I think that she needs couples with a little more drama. An advice book with examples of boring people like us probably doesn't make for very interesting reading. Her book is scheduled to come out next Spring. Buttin thinks that he is highly quotable and will have at least an entire chapter devoted to his wisdom - we'll see.

As a thank you gift, she gave us a signed copy of her first book. It's my picture of the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment