Sunday, February 14, 2010

Weekly Workout Summary

This week of jog waddling was not so great. I did about 10 miles total (but two of those were from today while watching my mom run the Austin Half Marathon), but that wasn't really enough. I was sick and the weather wasn't cooperating and by Friday I could certainly feel that mentally I needed some kind of release (Barbie and Patty heard me not so happily discussing things with Austin Energy on the phone).

Today was a fantastic Valentine's Day of watching my mother beat my best time in the Austin Half Marathon. She's getting so speedy - even with all those hills. I admit that watching all the runners made me want to run in a race again - and I will. Here's Momsy before she started the race - she's just so cute!


So, one tiny story from the race. I was trying to be a supportive spectator, so I cheered my mom off the start line and then walked back to the car. On my walk back, I REALLY had to pee (maybe you've heard - I'm pregnant). So, I find an Extended Stay Hotel and go into the lobby and ask if I can use their restroom. She says, "No, we don't have public restrooms.". Realizing that I may have looked a little homeless - I take the hood from my sweatshirt off and try to stick out my belly a little more and say, "I'm pregnant and I really have to pee." Again, she said, "No public restrooms." As I huff and puff out of there, I make a vow to NEVER stay in that hotel - not that I ever would, but that's not the point.

I eventually made it to a McDonald's to pee. I tried to watch my mom at one point on the course, but she must have sped by me too quickly because I never saw her and I know she ran by my location. Oh well. Good job Momsy - I'm so proud of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment