Sunday, February 7, 2010

Weekly Workout Summary

A couple weeks ago, I decided to start an experiment. As a quick re-cap, I had been feeling increasingly hormonal (go figure!) and my hypothesis was that if I did a little more cardio and tried some visualization techniques I would be better able to cope with stress and hormones (like I was during my first 20 weeks of pregnancy).

So, this week - I actually jog waddled a rather pathetic 11 miles (although in one of my jog waddles, I did a very speedy 2 miles in 31 minutes) did one weight workout and spent at least an hour visualizing long, slow runs.

The weather doesn't always seem to cooperate with my desire to jog waddle (it's been rather rainy), but I really prefer the outside air to going to the gym. I looks like this week I may actually have to go to the gym, the forecast calls for more rain and colder temperatures.

So - what (if anything) have I discovered from my experiment?

Overall, I think the experiment was successful. I generally seemed a little less quick to anger and a little better able to cope with the normal stresses of life. I think if you polled the people I'm around on a daily basis they would say I seemed much happier the last couple of weeks than I was the previous two weeks. It's not a very scientific measurement, but I have felt better and that's what is most important.

I plan to continue to jog waddle, elliptical, do weights and visualize long runs as much as possible from now till the end of my pregnancy. I will report my progress every Sunday during my Weekly Workout Summary.

No comments:

Post a Comment