Thursday, February 4, 2010

Lumpy Has My Cheeks!

Today we had our check up with Dr. Elephant.

Here are the highlights:
  • I've gained zero pounds since my last visit a little over two weeks ago. I take this as a sign that I need to eat more Girl Scout Cookies.
  • My blood pressure is still better than normal.
  • I went over my birth plan with Dr. Elephant. He said everything looked good with the exception of food. I'll still have Buttin sneak me some snacks.
Now, for the fun part - I had another ultrasound this afternoon. Here are the highlights:
  • Lumpy was head down!! (This is the first time Lumpy has not been breech)
  • Lumpy is now 3lbs 11oz.
  • Lumpy has a "beautiful" aortic arch according to the ultrasound technician.
  • Lumpy's growth is right on track.
Now, for the best part. Lumpy has my cheeks. Think I'm I'm lying - just look for yourself.

Lumpy (face is looking right at the camera) has cheeks that appear to go out further than his/her forehead.



Here's me at a very young age storing all my baby fat in my cheeks.


I think the resemblance is undeniable.

1 comment:

  1. I wouldn't worry too much about the snacks. I had an entire grocery sack full of drinks and snacks that I made Conor lug around, and I never felt like digging into any of them. The only thing I wanted was water as I was super thirsty the whole time. However, I did polish off an entire box of milk chocolate caramels from my favorite candy shop the day after Ava was born, so you might want to save a few of those Cadbury eggs, or have Matt get you another box :o)

    Christina

    ReplyDelete