Thursday, July 16, 2009

Poor Wingus - RIP

Wingus has now been missing 12 hours, and is presumed dead.

This morning when I arrived at work - the wonderful house I made for him (cardboard box I emptied) was knocked over. Wingus, his peanut butter and bits of bagel had all vanished. The only things left were his piles of poop.

I'd like to think that Wingus flew away (even though he was sleeping in an enclosed warehouse) and took the container of peanut butter and bits of bagel back to his family. And, when he arrived at home all the other birds cheered and threw him a ticker tape parade. Sadly, I don't think that's what happened.

I have an awful feeling that I inadvertently made Wingus, raccoon food. Poor Wingus.

In honor of Wingus, I have written this little poem:

Roses bloom early,
Violets bloom late;
Wingus I'm so sorry,
I turned you into raccoon bait.

No comments:

Post a Comment