Friday, September 18, 2009

The Almost Ours Kitty

All together now . . . Awe . . . .

Around 5:00 this evening Buttin walked through the door carrying this precious little flea ball. He found it while outside visiting our neighbor. Our neighbor said that he didn't think his neighbor had a kitten. For an hour and a half he was our new animal rescue.

During the course of that hour and a half, he drank milk from a shot glass:Ate both cat and dog food:



Used Buttin as a chew toy:


And took lots of cute pictures.

He also manged to take the stinkiest poop ever created (I should know - I'm Cartman's mom). Buttin had to clean it up since he did manage to go in the litter box, which I guess was a positive. We also gave him a name, Mini - as in "Mini Mouse", because he looks like a mini version of Mouser.

I found some little fleas on him, so I gave him a quick flea treatment - but he was in need of a bath and some toys. We took him for a car ride to Petsmart. We carefully picked out a flea spray, flea drops and a toy. Just as we were checking out we got a call from our neighbor, Mini already had a home.

I was a little sad, but the truth is I don't think our four other fur babies were really that upset. We really didn't need another cat.

I took Mini back to his home (and that's where I found out Mini really was a boy). They apparently just let him stay outside, so I still might see Mini frequently (cats apparently love our house). As I walked away, Mini followed me for a few steps . . .sniff . . . sniff.

1 comment:

  1. There must be something in the Pokorny blood about saving animals. I thought Matt was the more sane one, but now I'm not so sure....

    ReplyDelete