Friday, September 18, 2009

Fetus Friday - Week 12

Well it's the start of Week 12.

Baby center says this about Lumpy's development:

His intestines, which have grown so fast that they protrude into the umbilical cord, will start to move into his abdominal cavity about now, and his kidneys will begin excreting urine into his bladder.

OK - so I wonder, where does Lumpy's pee-pee go when he/she goes pee-pee? Does it funnel into my bladder? Am I going to have to pee even more than I already do?

It also says this about me:

You may already be into maternity clothes, especially if this isn't your first pregnancy. If you're still fairly small and not yet ready for maternity clothes, you've no doubt noticed that your waist is thickening and that you're more comfortable in loose, less restrictive clothing.

I'm noticing a general roundness every where and although I'm not in maternity clothes - I am loving my elastic shorts. I just like to think of it as being prepared to go for a run at a moment's notice.

2 comments:

  1. you don't look like you have gained and ounce!

    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you really want the answer to where Lumpy's pee-pee goes? I'll tell you if you really want to know.

    ReplyDelete