Friday, September 25, 2009

Fetus Friday - Week 13. Also, 3 Months Till Christmas

I'm just entering week 13.

Here's a little baby bump picture (or Taco Bell and gas bump):

Baby Center says this about Lumpy's 13th week of development:

Fingerprints have formed on your baby's tiny fingertips, her veins and organs are clearly visible through her still-thin skin, and her body is starting to catch up with her head — which makes up just a third of her body size now.

Lumpy is now almost three inches long and it's comforting to know that if Lumpy commits a crime (like stealing pickles), he/she can be fingerprinted and identified. I know, I'm a dork.

My cravings have started to come on a little stronger. Two nights ago all I wanted was tomatoes and pickles. We didn't have either in the house, so yesterday morning I ate pickles and tomatoes for breakfast. Also, last night at the movies I asked if they could just bring me a plate of pickles - and they did (they have fried pickles on the menu, but I just wanted plain ole pickles). I have no real desire for sweets (although that doesn't keep me from eating them), all I really want is salt, salt and more salt.

We have our next doctor's appointment on Monday. I'm really just hoping I haven't gained 15 lbs.

In other awesome news - it's 3 MONTHS TILL CHRISTMAS! This fact was very comforting last night when we got home from a super scary movie and QVC was having their countdown to Christmas, will all sorts of Christmas items to buy. Christmas makes everything better - including all the images in my head.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on reaching 13 weeks! You look great! I can't believe Xmas is 3 months away. I'm in the last month countdown til Baby B arrives... maybe I should do my Xmas shopping today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fingerprints? I never even thought about babies having fingerprints. Weird. Now, stop thinking about the baby and go buy me some Christmas gifts. I have registered at Neimans for lots of very expensive things.

    ReplyDelete