Sunday, September 27, 2009

Marathon Training - Weekly Update

This Week: 9/21 - 9/26

Total Miles Completed: 33.26

Average Pace: 12.50 min/mile

Very slow this week, but that's because I did 18 miles on Saturday! My first 18 miler - EVER. My first 12 miles were great, but then my legs got very tight - so I had to do some walk/jogging.

I also had a very special moment on Saturday. I put on my favorite pair of running shorts and they felt really strange. I thought, "certainly, I haven't gained so much weight as to make my shorts already too tight." I began my run (as usual) in the dark (I was on a very familiar trail) - I had gone about 2 miles, when I went to adjust my shorts and discovered my tie was in my back. I had put my shorts on backwards! Since there was no one in sight, I quickly removed my shorts and put them on correctly - ahh, sweet relief. It felt so much better - better till I got to mile 14.

This coming Saturday - my first 20 miler!


No comments:

Post a Comment