Sunday, September 13, 2009

Marathon Training - Weekly Update

This Week: 9/6 - 9/13

Total Miles Completed: 32.15

Average Pace : A little faster - 12.34 min/mile

I managed a pretty decent 16.2 mile long run this morning (a Sunday!). It has been raining like crazy the last couple of days, so I thought it best to stay on the streets and not venture out to the trails. I had to stop at a gas station around mile 11 for some water and a potty break. I did manage to lube (with deodorant) my front side up enough to get only a very small number of rubby-ouchies; however, my back is another story. I still haven't quite figured out how to get the deodorant on the middle part of my back by myself. Good thing I'll have my mom to help me the morning of the marathon. I also thought with all the extra deodorant on my body - it would help with my stinkiness, but alas, I still smelt like an unwashed hobo when I got home.

Also during this week, I managed to do 6 Yasso 800s during my Wednesday run - each 800 was between 4:50 - 5:10. My mileage would have been two higher, but I had to cut my Friday tempo run short by two miles - I had to head back home to go poop (even though I had already gone twice that morning - I know more information than most people want to know).

No comments:

Post a Comment