Thursday, September 10, 2009

Telling Family & Friends

**Originally written on 8/5**

Today we began to tell family and friends about Lumpy's late-March/early-April arrival.

We started planning last week and I'm honestly surprised that we've been able to keep it a secret this long. I don't think I've stubbed my toe without telling my mom five minutes later.

Here are the - "breaking the news" stories.

Buttin's Mom (Marsha) - I think we were most excited to tell her. We had flowers delivered to her office early Wednesday (8/5) morning. The florist called me after they were delivered (it's a small town) and she said it was the most fun thing she's ever done. Marsha called the office about 5 minutes later. She told Barbie "I'm the Grandma! I'm the Grandma!". Thankfully, Barbie just thought she was my grandmother.

Buttin's Grandma/Marsha's Mom (Nana) - We sent her some little rice crispy treats in a box set to arrive sometime during Wednesday afternoon (from editbles inc.); however, Marsha waited all of about 5 minutes after receiving her flowers to drive to Nana's house to tell her the news.

My Grandma (Bubie) - We sent her some rice crispy treats in a box set to arrive sometime on Wednesday afternoon. Bubie lives in Las Vegas - so I thought she'd be the last one to receive her box. Apparently, UPS delivers to her house early, so she actually got her treats BEFORE my parents received theirs (see below)

My Mom & Dad - My mom and dad were also set to receive some little rice crispy treats in a box set to arrive sometime on Wednesday afternoon. Unfortunately, they were the last people to get their treats. They actually didn't find out from our little special delivery - they found out from Bubie! Bubie emailed my mom and that's how they found out!

No comments:

Post a Comment