Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Cooler Weather Running

Things I got used to while running in the summer:
  1. Creating puddles of sweat (like a Hansel and Gretel trail) behind me;
  2. People holding their noses and pointing as I ran (slowly jogged) by;
  3. Running at a slower than snails pace and being exhausted;
  4. Washing (or Febreezing) my ipod holder in the shower on a weekly basis (it was stinky);
  5. Turning an unnatural shade of red; and
  6. Promising to never, EVER complain about cold weather again.
Things I enjoyed about running in the low 60's this morning:
  1. Generating only a moderate amount of sweat;
  2. Having my hair blow slightly in the breeze (instead of being plastered to my head with sweat);
  3. Drinking a normal amount of water (unlike the usual buffalo amount I have to carry); and
  4. Being able to wave at other runners (before I didn't have the energy to lift up my arm);
I did 8.7 miles this morning, with 8 Yassos in the middle. All of my Yassos were around 5:00 ( a couple under, but most 5 seconds over). It's going back up into the 90s later this week, but I'm looking forward to many, many cooler runs in the coming months.

No comments:

Post a Comment