Wednesday, September 30, 2009

One Thing I Forgot To Mention

Real quick story (I've been busy today at work after my 11 hours of sleep last night . . .feeling much better).

I forgot to mention the cutest thing that happened at my doctor's appointment on Monday.

Buttin and I took separate cars to the appointment (he was heading to Fantastic Fest). He lost his keys at the house and was running a little late. I was already in the waiting room. For my last appointment, we waited a good 30 minutes, but this time - I got in within 2 minutes.

I texted Buttin to let him know that I was already in the office, but to write to me when he was in the waiting room and I would come get him. Meanwhile, the doctor came in immediately and we chatted for a couple minutes (about how highlighting my hair is not recommended) and then he said, "Time to listen for the heartbeat".

Lumpy's little heartbeat was strong and I can only guess that his/her heart was right up by my tummy, because I heard it instantly. After hearing the heartbeat, we were basically done. I wrote to Buttin to let him know that the doctor was gone, we'd heard the heartbeat and I was just waiting for my flu shot.

Buttin arrived at the office about two minutes later. I went out to the waiting room to get him so he could wait with me to get my flu shot. I told Buttin all about my 5 minute appointment and after I told him I got to hear the heartbeat, he said, "But . . . I wanted to hear the heartbeat." To me, it was the cutest thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment