Friday, September 25, 2009

Forty-Five Second Movie Review - Paranormal Activity

Paranormal Activity

HOLY PEE IN MY PANTS BATMAN! This low, low budget movie is so good and so scary that it deserves 15 extra seconds. It's a slow, steady build of fright and 75% of the action takes place in a bedroom, which made it all the more difficult for me to sleep in my bed last night (more like this morning - didn't get home till 2:15 AM). I couldn't even watch the last 10 minutes, but I heard EVERYTHING and Buttin told me exactly what happened. This movie experience was made all the more frightening for me because I HAVE NEVER seen Buttin this giddy/scared/goose-bumpy after a movie, EVER! He's not supposed to be freaked out - I AM! He's not supposed to say things like, "Well, what makes this movie so scary is that I could easily put myself in this situation. I'm never going to be in a dark cave (like in The Decent) or in the woods (like The Blair Witch Project), but I'm always in my bedroom." Thanks Buttin, that was very reassuring. Be prepared dear MIL, I have a feeling that come Christmastime or next Spring you will be watching this awesomely scary movie!

P.S. I think it goes without saying, this film is not for Liz.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, there is no freaking chance I will watch that movie but I look forward to you telling me more about it.

    ReplyDelete