Sunday, September 20, 2009

Marathon Training - Weekly Update

This Week: 9/14 - 9/21

Total Miles Completed: 19.68

Average Pace: 12.40 min/mile

This was my week to ease off on the mileage. I dropped a little lower than I expected, due to a horrible headache on Monday (which meant no running).

Yesterday I did a nice, relaxing 12 miles. I don't think under any circumstance could you get me to describe 12 miles as nice or relaxing - even as recently as six months ago. I went to the trails and there were still a few mushy and treacherous parts from all the rain last weekend. I had to be a little careful (and slow) until it became completely light out.

On Wednesday, I did a little over 7.5 miles. I did 7 Yassos - all were around 5:00 minutes. Even with running for 5 minutes and then walking for about 5 minutes, my average pace was still 12:11 min/mile. I love that I go faster on the day when I walk. I can only deduce from this phenomenon that my body enjoys walking and will allow me to run faster if I just give it a little time to walk. I might try something like this for my long run next week (not Yassos, but more of a run 9 minutes/walk 1 minute) and see how it goes.

In other weekend news, UT beat TT last night! In other disgusting news, last night around 8:30 (as I was planning to go to bed) I discovered that Cartman had thrown up his body weight in water on my side of the bed - disgusting! I slept on the couch last night and Buttin joined me at 3:00 AM when he returned home from the game and playing downtown.

No comments:

Post a Comment