Monday, September 28, 2009

Another Appointment With Dr. Elephant

After all the fanfare and hoopla of Lumpy's first appointment, the second one was more just like, well, a regular doctor's appointment. It happened so quickly, Buttin didn't even make it in time.

I got weighed (I've gained 1.5 lbs in 5 weeks), got my blood pressure taken (112/68), talked to the doctor for all of about 3 minutes (he would have talked to me longer - I just didn't really have any questions) and got to hear Lumpy's heartbeat (yeah!). I've been very fortunate that I haven't really been sick or had any of the usual negative symptoms of pregnancy - so I always enjoy confirmation of Lumpy's existence. I was also supposed to get my flu shot today, but they ran out - I'm going to try to go later today. I guess they're very serious about us preggo ladies getting our flu shot!

My favorite part of the entire appointment happened when Dr. Elephant asked about my running. I told him I did my first 18-miler on Saturday. He looked at me and said in a very matter of fact tone, "Wow, and you're still gaining weight." Thanks, doc - good to know my weight gain is amazing.

My next appointment is October 30th and my MIL will get to join us!

No comments:

Post a Comment