Monday, July 20, 2009

Before & After

Bubba Mustang is back and prettier than ever!

On the morning of July 1st I was involved in an accident with a poop-tard punk who came over into my lane, but claimed "My blinker was on".

Nineteen days later - I have Bubba Mustang back. The good thing (if you can consider anything coming out of an accident as good) is that the entire front section of the car needed to be replaced, which means all most of the hail dents are gone now too!

I guess you don't realize how much you miss your car (even if it's a hand me down) until you don't have it. My rental wasn't horrible (like a Yaris), but it did have an icky smoke smell (ahem . . . Barbie the Chantix liar) and it just didn't have the comfort of my car.

Also, as I was forced to quickly leave my car behind - I forgot all the things I stored in it (like my running sunglasses & gym membership card). I probably tend to store more of my life in my vehicle than most (I think this comes from my days commuting back and forth between Dallas & Austin on a weekly basis), but I imagine that everyone leaves things they need behind.

Bubba Mustang (my first two cars were Bubba and Bubba Jr.) and I had a nice get reacquainted ride back to work this morning and as we past the scene of the accident, I could feel him quiver a little. I think he was scared the punk would come back.

1 comment: