Friday, July 3, 2009

Why Lumpy?

I've had quite a few friends recently have babies. Many of them gave their unborn child little pet names, like peanut or bug or sometime cute. Buttin and I have talked about our yet to be conceived child, Lumpy, for years. Well, I'm sure you're thinking, "Why Lumpy?"

Buttin and I enjoy laughing and sometimes (actually most of the time) we are laughing at other people. You know, when you see a funny looking person on the street or watch someone fall, you laugh - right? It's not meant to be cruel and it certainly isn't done at the expense of the truly unfortunate (like, we wouldn't laugh at someone who fell and really got hurt - unless the way they fell was just really that funny)- we just find humor in pretty much every person and thing. I don't usually feel that badly because I know people laugh at me too (I look ridiculous while running - my own mother even calls me "special" when she see those pictures of me that they take during races.) Just to show I'm a good sport, here are a couple gems:

(Notice the "jazz hands" form in the picture on the left - it makes me better able to glide through the humidity. I really think I should be on the cover of Runner's World. )

We are fully convinced that our poor child will be punished for our immature behavior (kind of like the whole sins of the father thingy). We joke that our child will be a round blob with one eye, a couple of teeth and a tuft of hair. I picture Lumpy looking something like the character Meatwad from the Cartoon Network show, "Aqua Teen Hunger Force".

Here, I've altered a Meatwad photo I found on the interweb with this new picture editing tool, Microsoft Paint (oohhhhh - fancy). As you can see, Lumpy is just as described.
(Pretty good, right? If this whole flooring thing doesn't work out, I'm thinking about going into graphic design.)

We imagine that Lumpy will spend most of his/her life rolling into everything. Poor (but really funny) Lumpy. We're already prepared for Lumpy to get scratched by Mouser and peed on (or worse) by Cartman. Lumpy will be such a lucky child.

So, that is why we call our still yet to be conceived child - Lumpy. And that's why this blog is called "Running with Lumpy". Hopefully, someday we will have (and love) our Lumpy and I will still be running (slow jogging) with my wrists flexed upwards, looking "special".

No comments:

Post a Comment