Saturday, July 4, 2009

The Fanny Pack Is On

I'm bringing sexy back with every mile. While running, I'm quite sure that I frighten children and small woodland creatures with my awkward motion and amount of sweat. "The flailing wet woman is scaring me, Mommy". Keep in mind, I pose no real threat to children or animals, as I'm moving so slowly.

Austin has hit the 100 degree mark 15 days so far this summer. Our average is 12 days in an entire summer. I was never very happy running in the cold weather, but now I can't wait to have it back. As a result of the heat, I've decided to use the water fanny pack on every run now, not just the long one on Saturdays. In addition to the fanny pack. I now run with an oh so sexy sweat rag. This week, I've had three successful runs (6.7 miles, 8 miles & 11 miles) using the fanny pack and sweat rag method.

The sweat rag is completely drenched by the time I get home, but I'm guessing it's better than using my shirt to wipe my face - which is what I have been doing. I sure do make some smelly laundry. Also, my poor ipod holder thingy has the most disgusting odor radiating from it. I think if I ever encountered something (man or beast) that wanted to do me harm on my run - my ipod sports band would act as a strong repellent - the odor could knock someone out.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that whole description makes you sound so sexy and appealing.

    ReplyDelete