Friday, July 17, 2009

Take A Deep Breath

My "Don't Sweat The Small Stuff" desk calendar mocks me on a daily basis . I don't think it's ever had a care in the world. Although, I do like to imagine that it has feelings and concerns - like on the days when I forget to tear off the old page and look at what is written on the new day - I think my calendar feels sad and abandoned. Strange calendar, stranger me.

This week has been a rough one - what will all the misfit shenanigans, the bird murder guilt and all the speculation about what will happen to Michael Jackson's motherless child, Blanket - it's enough to make anyone forget all the hopeful words of the DSTSS calendar.

Here is a list of all the things I will try not to sweat next week:
  • I will try not to let it get to me when someone takes something from me that is not monetarily or sentimentally valuable.
  • I will try to understand that money deposited in the bank is there no matter if I have the deposit slip or not.
  • I will not curse at Quick Books, because Quick Books will always be a pain in my ass.
  • I will try not to expect people to read my mind.
  • I will try to remember that no matter what happens - I will always have Buttin, my family and friends, and will always be the proud owner of the most disgusting dog ever birthed (Cartman decided to throw up in bed last night and then spend 30 minutes reverse sneezing while I was trying to sleep).
For now, I'm going to just take a deep breath and get ready for Harry Potter.

1 comment:

  1. Good plan to not sweat the small stuff. I find that in order to actually make that happen large quantities of booze or antidepressants really help. Not saying you can't do it straight but if you get frustrated just remember there is a giant bottle of Tito's in your freezer. I know this because I saw it there.

    See you tonight at Harry Potter!!!! I cant wait!

    ReplyDelete