Tuesday, July 14, 2009

The Misfits Are At It Again

The misfits forgot to take their medication today (or maybe I forgot). I know Liz thinks I'm a sweet and patient person, but unicorns are going to be crying soon if the misfits don't start behaving.

This morning was unusually busy (usually, during the middle of the month things are slower) and don't get me wrong - I love the business - we just had a bunch of add ons and some emergency water extractions (I used to call these wet vacs, but if you say that word too quickly, it sounds rather racist). In the midst of all these phone calls, I got the type of call that I always dread - an unhappy customer.

One of our installers had left an apartment unit a mess and the poor complex cleaning lady had to go back and reclean it - I guess she was in tears because she had already cleaned it and was forced to go back because of us. It's almost worse to get the sweet, unhappy customer calls than the angry, unhappy customer calls - almost.

We often have to tell our misfits the same things over and over and over again - common sense (at least I think so) things like, don't leave your trash in an apartment and don't touch the raccoons. Well after receiving this call I'm instituting a violation policy - if any of these rules are broken - there will be fines:

  • No hitting, biting, tackling or otherwise touching anyone;
  • No pooping and/or peeing in an apartment unit without flushing;
  • (as a follow up) Only pee and/or poop in toilets;
  • Do not leave trash of any kind in an apartment unit;
  • Do not destroy property;
  • Do not lie, I will find out;
  • Do not eat anything in the fridge or freezer that is not yours; and
  • Do not annoy me (or Barbie).
Break a rule one time - you're fined $25, break a rule again - you're fined $100, break a rule a third time - spend one night with my dog, Cartman! Well, I might not be that harsh - but I'm feeling pretty harsh right now.

Barbie just asked Buttin to pick up some liquid patience (in the form of Tito's Vodka) at the store and I couldn't agree more - I'm going to need a lot of patience to make it through the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment