Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Cute Babies vs. Sweet Babies

Barbie has this theory. A baby is either cute (which means the baby is cute) or sweet (which means the baby has a good personality).

Last night, Buttin and I went to meet Connor McKenzie.

Connor is a CUTE baby (and I'm not just saying that because Ben & Ann are good friends). I think he might be a little scared of me though, because I spent about an hour just pushing on his cuter than cookie dough nose. I just couldn't stop touching it. Ann & Ben were good about it - but I'm sure they were happy when we left.

I'm sure that when/if we ever have Lumpy - it'll be a SWEET baby. First of all, if you've seen my artistic rendering of Lumpy - you know it's off to a good start. Secondly, my mother was apparently a VERY SWEET baby. Sadly, I don't have any pictures of her - but apparently people used to recoil when they saw her face. She had some weird baby eczema on her face - a face that only Bubie (her mother) could love. Lastly, Buttin and I were moderately cute babies (see pictures above), so I'm pretty sure by the law of averages - we're destined to have a sweet baby.

1 comment:

  1. What will you do if your baby is neither cute nor sweet? What if its like the baby in alien or the guy who lived in that other guy's stomach in the movie Total Recall? What if you birth a poltergeist or a 3 headed baby with octopus tentacles rather than arms and legs? Will you love it, put it up for adoption, sell the kid to a traveling circus sideshow, or just try to land a reality TV series? And then, if you have a kid like that will you have another child or will you just stick with the one freak?

    This is a real mindbender isn't it. If you are going to be prepared to have a baby I really think its best to consider all possible outcomes so you can be prepared for anything.

    ReplyDelete