Sunday, July 12, 2009

On A Serious Note, Best Friends

Best friends are the best.

I believe that everyone needs a best friend or two. In my case, I'm pretty fortunate - I have three - Liz, Shannon and Jen.

Liz is really my day-to-day best friend. If anything happens - she's the first person I call or email. She's the person I tell about every movie I've seen and all the stupid mundane details of my life (like the amount of sweat I created during my last run). When we're old - we'll live in a house together with a bunch of cats.

Shannon and I have been best friends for over 66% of our lives. I love that the percentage will continue to grow - when we're ninety, we'll have known each other for 90% of our lives and I know that we'll still be friends. Shannon is the sweetest person on the planet, she's also the sweatiest - which makes me feel better when we go running together.

Jen is my best friend who is also a mommy. I think the two of us will only get closer when Buttin and I have Lumpy. She is sarcastic and charming and she's an excellent mother. I love the stories she tells about her children and I can't wait to share stories with her.

I know I'm a lucky girl. I don't know what I'd do if I didn't have these women in my life. I'll always have Buttin, but I don't think we're meant to get everything from our significant other. These women have and will continue to fill my life with laughter, love and friendship and I will always be thankful for them.

2 comments:

  1. WHat a sweet post. It made my day. You are my best friend too! Also, the fact that you wrote this must mean you got my weekly "Stephanie friend payment"...glad that the check made it in time for this post. haha.

    Is there any cookie dough left from Saturday?

    Have a great day.

    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know what to say except "you like me, you really like me!"

    In truth this was an awesome post to read first thing on a Monday morning. I love you too, princess.

    See you at the gym!

    ReplyDelete