Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Misfits - Please Respect Other Misfits


As a side note, I absolutely LOVE this picture. It looks fake, right? But it's a real poster for Penn State. I would love to get the Misfits to pose for a picture like this.

Our misfits are the most angelic creatures when they speak to me. They treat me with a great deal of respect - at least to my face anyway. However, the misfits don't always understand the difference between an appropriate or inappropriate request or response when speaking to each other. For their benefit, I've provided some examples of each:


Requests:

I'm sick of waiting, you've got to wake this hobo right now. (Incorrect)
When you have a moment, would you please help me wake this hobo? (Correct)

Response:

The hobo is not my problem, plus you stink. (Incorrect)
Yes, I'll be right there as soon as I finish helping this customer. (Correct)

Request:

My customer's radio was stolen. Did you do it? (Incorrect)
My customer has an issue, can you please help me solve it? (Correct)

Response:

You can stick your thumb up your butt and tell your customer to do the same. (Incorrect)
Of course, what can I do to help? (Correct)

I really want to teach them that a little PLEASE & THANK YOU can go a long way in endearing yourself to co-workers. However, they prefer the demand and curse approach.

No comments:

Post a Comment