Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Forehead Wrinkles And Zits

*** Warning, this post is not for the pimple squeamish.***

I just turned 31 on June 5th and I'm noticing an ever growing trail map on my forehead.


I have always tried to take good care of my skin. In fact, in a past career I even worked for a cosmetic company and I still have lots of opinions on products (just ask me). One day I'll post some of my favorites.

It seems like this great cosmic curse that I should some how start getting very noticeable wrinkles while still getting noticeable zits! Shouldn't I have some in between time - post zits, but pre-wrinkles? It doesn't seem fair.

About twice a month, my face decides to revert back to my teen years and right now my face looks like the "before" from a Proactiv infomercial. This morning I bought one of those Zeno zit machines. I've seen them at HEB and Sephora and they're not cheap. I purchased the "mini" - which is a bargain for $89 (I think of all the things I could buy with $89 if my face would just act like it was 31 instead of 31 & 13 - stupid face.)

The Zeno uses heat to explode the bacteria in the pimple there by rendering it dead, and in theory, it's not supposed to surface (this is me paraphrasing the description of the product - don't I make it sound good?). I'm sure I looked a little funny this morning holding this cell phone-looking device on my face (for 2.5 minutes), but it's probably not the first time today I've done something to look funny. So after trying it on a couple - I can report that it seemed minimize the pain and size of my two new friends very quickly. The heat from the Zeno is not painful, but it is certainly warm.

The handy user guide that came with the Zeno says that the zit should go away within 24 - 48 hours after treating the area. Hopefully, I'll have a happy update tomorrow. Now, if they could only create a wrinkle zapping machine - I'd be set.

No comments:

Post a Comment